Follow the CLOT BUSTER on Twitter @CLOTBUSTER


Get YOUR very own CLOT BUSTER #StopTheClot polka-dots

The "CLOT BUSTERs RACING to STOP THE CLOT" RUNNING SHIRT + TRIATHLON TOP + CYCLING JERSEY + PERFORMANCE TRUCKER HAT & PERFORMANCE VISOR and PERFORMANCE HEADBAND

PLEASE HELP US CELEBRATE CLOT SURVIVORS and spread awareness about blood clots and blood clotting disorders.
If you are a CLOT SURVIVOR you need polka-dots to inspire others and CELEBRATE that you are Survivor.
If you are a FAMILY MEMBER or FRIEND of a blood clot survivor you need polka-dots to spread the word, create awareness and CELEBRATE your Survivor's Accomplishments!



CLOT BUSTER #StopTheClot PERFORMANCE TRUCKER HAT - Get Yours at https://shop.stoptheclot.org/


CLOT BUSTER #StopTheClot PERFORMANCE VISOR - Get Yours at https://shop.stoptheclot.org/


CLOT BUSTER #StopTheClot SHORT SLEEVE PERFORMANCE RUNNING SHIRT - Get Yours at https://shop.stopthec

CLOT BUSTER #StopTheClot LONG SLEEVE RUNNING SHIRT - Get Yours at https://shop.stoptheclot.org/

CLOT BUSTER #StopTheClot LONG SLEEVE RUNNING SHIRT - Get Yours at https://shop.stoptheclot.org/

CLOT BUSTER #StopTheClot PERFORMANCE SOCKS - Get Yours at https://shop.stoptheclot.org/

CLOT BUSTER #StopTheClot PERFORMANCE SOCKS - Get Yours at https://shop.stoptheclot.org/

CLOT BUSTER #StopTheClot PERFORMANCE RUNNING SINGLET - Get Yours at https://shop.stoptheclot.org/

CLOT BUSTER #StopTheClot PERFORMANCE RUNNING SINGLET - Get Yours at https://shop.stoptheclot.org/

CLOT BUSTER #StopTheClot PERFORMANCE BEANIE HAT - Get Yours at https://shop.stoptheclot.org/

CLOT BUSTER #StopTheClot PERFORMANCE BEANIE HAT - Get Yours at https://shop.stoptheclot.org/

Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Fun June so far!

Lots of catching up to do here so no times to get cute here...

Busy month no question about that. The Clot Busters here in Ohio have been doing all sorts of things stretching every day to the max... just the way we like it.

As a side note before I continue, REALLY COOL that my Athlete of the Month Series has completed its first year. I am very excited about that. If you know of anyone that should be featured in this series please let me know. Sharing personal experiences is a very powerful instrument.

So, let me start on Sunday 06/07/2009...the opportunity of a life time for me to race a Team Triathlon in which my brother "TIO" Clot Buster would swim, I would ride, and Mrs. Clot Buster would run. For a long time I looked forward to this opportunity and finally it came through. I very much enjoyed the experience to have this team event and share the experience with my brother. We were solid throughout the event and finished with a smile on our faces. As the only team doing the Olympic distance triathlon we won the race but the experience of playing together was sensational.
Next Sunday 06/14/2009... another triathlon event but this time with a very different set up. Tio Clot Buster would be going at it alone to do the whole event, so would I, and Mrs. Clot Buster would race the run portion for her corporate challenge team. I too raced for my company but in this case as an individual. What a blast seeing my brother go through his first triathlon. Honestly, I never thought I would see the day this would happen. He hammered it all out and from what I can tell on his smile he hurt a lot but enjoyed him self. For someone who has never riden a bike for 18Miles or run a 5K thereafter I was floored to see my brother run the whole way and finish the race as stronly as he did. This event was one that I will remember for a long time to go. I guess I enjoy very much having my family close together and share a little bit on the things that I love and enjoy doing.Finally, Saturday 06/20/2009... Mrs. Clot Buster and I made our way back to the Loveland Amazing Race... After doing that race back in 2006 we always wanted to return. It is a very different event that will challenge you in many different ways... would you attempt to picture me trying to impersonate Madonna as Mrs. Clot Buster guessing... not a pretty sight.
We did really well even with 10+ waiting extravaganza at one of the stations... we came in as the 16th fastest coed team out of 200+ coed teams at the race. Mrs. Clot Buster and I were booking it and our efforts definitely paid off.

This is one of a kind race in which you can have some great fun. For example, I've never kicked a football before through the uprights and on Saturday as part of the race I got my chance... My soccer background sure came in handy on that station. If you get the chance and you are in Cincinnati in June of next year you should definitely look this race up. It is a good time. Many thanks to all of the volunteers participating in the event. Their enthusiasm was fantastic!!!

Pictures from that event to follow I am sure that there are some good ones that all of you out there will enjoy.

So, that is been the month of June so far and we are not done yet. Mrs. Clot Buster is participating in a triathlon this Sunday so the fun continues... this time for me and Junior to cheer her on! Pay attention out there you just never know when you will be able to see the Clot Buster at a race near you.
Thanks for reading,

The Clot Buster

2 comments:

Kathy Reed said...

I loved reading this and looking at the pictures. We arrived at our hotel in Maine about an hour ago. It's going to be great!

I set myself up as a "follower" on your blog. That way, I know everytime you update.

Kath

Chris Menjou said...

Ironman triathlete just got out of the hospital with multiple PEs. On coumadin now but hoping there is still a future in tris for me

My 100th Triathlon Finish !!!

My 100th Triathlon Finish !!!
#100 TRIATHLONS