Follow the CLOT BUSTER on Twitter @CLOTBUSTER


Get YOUR very own CLOT BUSTER #StopTheClot polka-dots

The "CLOT BUSTERs RACING to STOP THE CLOT" RUNNING SHIRT + TRIATHLON TOP + CYCLING JERSEY + PERFORMANCE TRUCKER HAT & PERFORMANCE VISOR and PERFORMANCE HEADBAND

PLEASE HELP US CELEBRATE CLOT SURVIVORS and spread awareness about blood clots and blood clotting disorders.
If you are a CLOT SURVIVOR you need polka-dots to inspire others and CELEBRATE that you are Survivor.
If you are a FAMILY MEMBER or FRIEND of a blood clot survivor you need polka-dots to spread the word, create awareness and CELEBRATE your Survivor's Accomplishments!



CLOT BUSTER #StopTheClot PERFORMANCE TRUCKER HAT - Get Yours at https://shop.stoptheclot.org/


CLOT BUSTER #StopTheClot PERFORMANCE VISOR - Get Yours at https://shop.stoptheclot.org/


CLOT BUSTER #StopTheClot SHORT SLEEVE PERFORMANCE RUNNING SHIRT - Get Yours at https://shop.stopthec

CLOT BUSTER #StopTheClot LONG SLEEVE RUNNING SHIRT - Get Yours at https://shop.stoptheclot.org/

CLOT BUSTER #StopTheClot LONG SLEEVE RUNNING SHIRT - Get Yours at https://shop.stoptheclot.org/

CLOT BUSTER #StopTheClot PERFORMANCE SOCKS - Get Yours at https://shop.stoptheclot.org/

CLOT BUSTER #StopTheClot PERFORMANCE SOCKS - Get Yours at https://shop.stoptheclot.org/

CLOT BUSTER #StopTheClot PERFORMANCE RUNNING SINGLET - Get Yours at https://shop.stoptheclot.org/

CLOT BUSTER #StopTheClot PERFORMANCE RUNNING SINGLET - Get Yours at https://shop.stoptheclot.org/

CLOT BUSTER #StopTheClot PERFORMANCE BEANIE HAT - Get Yours at https://shop.stoptheclot.org/

CLOT BUSTER #StopTheClot PERFORMANCE BEANIE HAT - Get Yours at https://shop.stoptheclot.org/

Friday, August 18, 2006

Hanging Lose + A bizarre Incident…!


Like the Rastafarian Bear in Benton Harbor, I’ve been using this week just to “hang lose” and continue to work on my preparations for the last race in the Clot Buster’s calendar. It is hard to believe that we are reaching the end of this fundraising effort. It is been a blast I have to confess. I would do it all over again for sure. I can only hope that NATT has been able to receive that exposure it deserves to continue their mission of education and awareness about blood clots and blood clotting disorders.

So, here is the summary of where the Clot Buster stands on his racing mileage log…
224.2 Miles COMPLETED!
31.3 Miles LEFT TO GO (September 10th will be the day!)


Have you considered helping out with matching some money for every mile that I am racing? If you are considering the possibility please checkout the breakdown below…

$$ Nickel per mile = $12.78
$$ Dime per mile = $25.55
$$ Quarter per mile = $63.88
$$ Double Quarter per mile = $127.75

Also, if you are interested in a Clot Buster Jersey they are also available for you to wear and look as good as Mr. and Mrs. Clot Buster… If Abraham Lincoln bear would have had a choice I know he would be wearing one of our jerseys for sure!

PLEASE! If you are out there riding make sure you wear your helmet…! I wish I had a fancy helmet like the ones below… Do you think it would me faster? I think I could have one made with a polka-dot design. That would be really cool. But I am going away from my original point. Yesterday, on my ride in to work something happened that you probably will not believe because it is VERY STRANGE.

In order for me to make it work on my bike I have to travel a 20 mile route that I was able to map out through back roads mostly so that I can avoid heavy trafficked streets and therefore have a “safer” way to go to work. However, it is not always that safe on these neighborhood roads. Yesterday, I timed my ride so perfectly on this particular street that as I was going through minding my own business at around 6:27AM with no wind at all I had a branch from this one tree break off and fall right on top pf me. This tree was rooted about 8 feet from the curb and it was a pretty old as its trunk had a considerable size. The secondary branch, the one that broke, was big enough to knock me down and block the street completely. The branch did not completely brake off from the main trunk it “peeled” off. So, you can start to imagine the size of this branch as it was still connected to the main trunk and yet it covered the entire street so that no cars could come through.

I can’t even begin to explain what went through my head during this time. I could not believe it! After I scrambled out from under the weight of the tree and looked back I realized the size of this branch. I could not see my bike it was buried.

So, after taking a moment to look around I was glad to know that outside of some scratches and some stiffness nothing much more serious happened to me. I had to break several smaller branches to free my bike from the mess and find out that she was also all right. It was a great relief to know that I could still make it to work on time after the small mishap and about 5 more miles still left to go.

On my way, I spotted a police officer and let him know about the road being blocked because of a fallen tree. He looked at me pretty perplexed after I told him that tree branch fell on top of me. He saw my scratches and the green stains on my jersey but somehow he thought that I hit the tree and for that reason the branch broke off. Don’t ask me how you jump to that conclusion but he did. At any rate, he was able to get a dispatch out to the intersection of Amesbury and Linclonshire to check things out.

So, it was a very good thing that I wore my helmet for my commute ride… it may not be a fancy helmet but it did trick and kept me safe.

Watch out for falling tress out there!

Thanks for reading,

The Clot Buster



 Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

Habeela said...

Oh my word! How unnerving! Glad no serious damage was done. I will definitely watch out for falling objects. Between you and 3iron we now have birds and branches - what next?!

kozzy said...

Clotbuster...we're glad you are all right and still in one piece!
Nice job on the fundraising, where can we send a donation? Are you going to retire the polka dots once the fundraising is over? I hope not!

kozzy said...

The check is in the mail. btw, that helmet looks like you would definately go faster, you should get one!
Happy Training!

Anonymous said...

Roland,

Thank you so much for your efforts on the part of NATT.

I am remiss in not having taken the opportunity before this to thank you.

You have a special and passionate understanding of how important NATT's mission is to assist the thousands of people affected by blood clots. Your dedication effort is having a real and positive impact on people's lives.

Please know that we appreciate your efforts more than I can say and please keep it going.

Best of success and regards,

Mark Jablonski
President
National Alliance for Thrombosis and Thrombophilia.

My 100th Triathlon Finish !!!

My 100th Triathlon Finish !!!
#100 TRIATHLONS