At this time of the year when the weather heats up is when my CLOT BUSTER #StopTheClot polka-dots get going so that I can do my part to spread awareness about blood clots and celebrate survivors while racing whenever I can.
Speaking of celebrating survivors... Once again we make a turn to another month in 2016 and as such I would like to share with you another remarkable personal account of survival and dedication to return to action.
Please allow me to introduce to you LIZ SHEETS HOSKINSON who is an individual from which you can draw great inspiration as you learn from her challenges with blood clots and how she was able to overcome them.
Thank You Liz for your willingness to share your story!
1) What is you sport/activity of choice? Why do you enjoy it?
I enjoy running and biking. Running has helped me relieve stress and anxiety.
2) How did you get started in that sport?
Got started running 18 yrs ago was suffering from post Partom depression.. I tried everything.. Running helped a lot.
3) What is the latest milestone you achieved or plan to achieve?(Long bike ride, some race coming up or that you did)
Well... after being released I ran like two weeks after the clotting incident and Haven't stopped...
The picture above is of Liz at the finish of her first race after her multiple PE's... she reports that it was hard and some of the hills were rough but despite the effort her smile always remains...
6) What is your favorite piece of gear for your favorite activity? (Bike brand, running shoes, perhaps a running singlet or the Clot Buster's Running Polka-Dot Technical Shirt...)
I love my Saucony hurricane shoes. I'd love a clot buster singlet I'd say I've earned one...
>>> Liz from the editors desk you are right... We need to have you running your FIRST Marathon in Chicago in the CLOT BUSTER #StopTheClot polka-dots... Drop me a line and we can make arrangements!
7) How much are you getting out doing your sport? (Everyday you do some training, 2, 3, 4 times per week)
I've ran 5 days in a row...my longest streak...!
But I run as much as possible when life allows... Love racing and try to do it whenever I can so that I can push my limits by running with pacers who can make me faster.
8) What is your favorite food? Either generally or after a workout. For me there is nothing better than a Chipotle Burrito...
Favorite food steak tacos.
9) If you could go some place to visit and explore, where would like to go?
I been dying to go to Hawaii.
10) What would like to say to someone who is going through a clotting episode, perhaps very similar to yours? How can people return to do what they enjoy? Tells about your concerns and what you look out after as you got back.